Altaterra manufactures and sells high quality roof windows and associated products across Europe. We were born in 2001, a new start up within the privately owned Danish Group VKR Holding, and a sister company to the overwhelming leading company in the roof window market – VELUX.
Today, Altaterra is a European market leader within the private label segment, and proud owner of Dakea, a brand designed for smart professionals. We have sales in over 30 countries and employ more than 130 employees from 12 nationalities across Europe, who support the sales of our products.
Altaterra was founded more than 15 years ago, and today we are a European market leader within the private label segment and a proud owner of Dakea.
We’ve achieved this by building a team of people who work well together, who want to win, who aren’t looking for routine but who look for their own solutions, who roll up their sleeves and get on with whatever is needed to get results.
We don’t sit around waiting for somebody else to do things for us, we don’t accept standard solutions and we’re willing to go the extra mile for your business when needed.
We know that we can only be successful by being different and working harder.
We trust in:
We work for Altaterra because we want to
We treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves.
We always look for a different, better way.
We don't wait for somebody to give us solution, we look for it ourselves.
We try to give a little bit more than might be expected.
Our Group - VKR Holding
- investing in daylight, fresh air and a better environment.
VKR is a Danish holding and investment company with the objective to create value through financial investments and ownership of companies. VKR was founded by Villum Kann Rasmussen in 1965 and is still owned by his family. The company group owns a variety of businesses, among them the leading manufacturer of roof windows, the Velux Group. For full details of the VKR companies visit vkr-holding.com.
The Group operates by establishing "model companies". It is governed by VKR Holding which shares are held by family and VILLUM FONDEN - a foundation which provides funding for non-profit projects with scientific, cultural, artistic, environmental and social. Learn more about the foundations connected to the Group.
It is the Group’s purpose to establish a number of Model Companies, which cooperate in an exemplary manner. By Model Company we mean a company working with products useful to society, which treats its customers, suppliers, employees of all categories and shareholders better than most other companies. A Model Company makes a profit, which can also finance growth and maintain financial independence.
Villum Kann Rasmussen, 1965
As part of VKR Group, we have access to know-how gained from 75 years of roof window production and the biggest European production and testing facilities. We prove our quality not only by the outstanding technical parameters of our products but by taking real care about the entire production process. We care about the environment and pay attention to where we source our raw materials from. Our employees are protected with health and safety management systems.
Quality management system
Environmental management system
Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
Manufacturing equipment and quality of the manufacturing process (part of CSTB certification)
Raw materials and market specific
Product, production and supply chain certification
Product certification for NL market
Certification that our wood comes from sustainable resources
Noise reduction, fire resistance
U-value, air permeability, water tightness
U-value, surface temperature
Altaterra sells roof windows in more than 30 countries worldwide. With different offers carefully adapted to the needs of customers, segments and channels, we’re able to complement any VELUX offer and ensure that our partners have a full product range, enabling them to capture the biggest market share and increase profitability.
Dakea is simply the best offer for professionals in Europe. We have designed it to provide more features and a longer guarantee at lower prices than any other comparable products out there!
A simple range of roof windows that aims to deliver maximum value at minimum cost. Well recognised in many markets in Europe, and a proven concept for over 15 years. RoofLITE is an economic solution for those who don’t want to compromise on quality.
BALIO recognises that there is a growing demand for a roof window range fitting every need as well as every budget. In response, we aim to maintain a product/service offer in the market which allows customers to only pay for what they actually need.
The best-in-class tailored made private label solutions where Altaterra has partnered up with the largest distributors to create unique brands. Brands developed under Mix & Match can be seen in all channels including DIY, professional and e-commerce.
A popular brand of roof window blinds seen in many DIY outlets across Europe.
Valued for its multifit functionality, which makes it compatible with most roof window brands available today. Easy to choose, easy to install.
WE SUPPORT UN GLOBAL COMPACT INITIATIVE
Our commitment is reflected through adherence to 10 principles of business conduct:
- We uphold and advocate Human Rights as a core part of our day-to-day operations.
- We ensure that our supply chain is not tainted by Human Rights violations.
- We recognise the rights of all employees to form and join trade unions of their choice without fear of intimidation.
- We uphold the principles of eliminating all forms of forced and compulsory labour throughout the world.
- We uphold the principles of the effective abolition of child labour. It is our policy to recruit, hire and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, marital status or status as a qualified individual with a disability, in accordance with applicable laws.
- We believe that we should behave towards the world around us, including society in general, beyond the requirements of legislation.
- We have an ambitious Environmental Policy in place.
- We are subject to a Life Cycle Assessment.
- We have zero tolerance for corruption and we expect that anyone who acts on behalf of Altaterra adheres to all applicable anti-corruption laws.
OUR COMMITMENT TO THE ENVIRONMENT
96%of the wood we use comes from sustainable and certified forests − it is either PEFC or FSC certified – with the remainder coming from controlled sources. In 2015, we revised our wood certification strategy, defining key areas for further development and visions for the future. Our 2020 target is for 99% of our wood to be certified. Bearing in mind that only 30% of all global wood sales come from certified forests, we believe this is a remarkable result and target.
- We design our products so that the environmental impact during manufacture, use and disposal is reduced.
- Our use of raw materials, water and energy is highly efficient. We constantly work to minimise emissions, waste and discharges from our activities.
- We maintain high safety standards for our employees.
- We cooperate with our suppliers, customers and other business partners to improve environmental standards.
- We constantly seek ways to make our products and manufacturing methods more environmentally friendly than is generally expected.
1. Malom köz